What is it? When do you need it?
A marketing consultant is someone that can help you with your marketing. There are so many options out there for how to do your marketing that sometimes it feel overwhelming when you are trying to decide what actions you should take.
There are many people who call themselves marketing consultants but they may not be helpful to you. My definition of a marketing consultant is professional who has formal qualifications coupled with extensive experience in marketing in businesses or organisations. For you to receive value, the consultant needs to be able to save you time by helping you navigate the marketing maze more efficiently. They need to be able to provide smarter decisions and options than you could provide for yourself. Experience and knowledge develops expertise and expertise in marketing saves you time, money and worry. You should receive better outcomes utilising a consultant than not utilising a consultant.
When do you need a marketing consultant? Here are five situations that require the intervention of a marketing consultant.
- If you are stalling your marketing activities because you don’t know what to do.
- If you are unsure what marketing is working for your business and just keep doing the same thing.
- If you are spending more time or money than you want to on marketing.
- If you are not getting a return on investment for marketing
- If you are thinking of re-branding or targeting a new customer group
If you need more advice on how to choose the right consultant for you please feel free to get in touch.