“C”ing your way through COVID-19: Crisis
Hi everyone, I’m Ailsa Page and I’ve been running my own business, AP Marketing Works, for twenty years. This crisis has definitely shaken me, as I know it has a lot of my colleagues and other members of my tribe. For that I’m truly sorry. I really think, though, that if we stick together, if we actually follow my C.R.I.S.I.S strategy, we’re going to be in a really good position to be able to survive this.
And history shows, when you do survive a crisis, you actually thrive because you’ve learnt so much along the way.
So, let’s look at C.R.I.S.I.S
- CALM. Stay calm, as best as you can. When you’re calm, you do your best thinking. There are always opportunities that are there, but you need to be calm to be able to see them.
- RESPOND. You’ve got to be able to respond. You can’t just be inactive and stuck in crisis mode. Take some action. Do something. Clean up your desk. Reach out to your customers. Always take some action because you will feel a lot better when you are responding. Don’t put your head in the sand. Respond.
- Take the INITIATIVE. Be on the front foot. Contact your customers, let them know what’s going on. Contact your suppliers. Don’t hide. Be the first one out there making contact.
- Keep it SIMPLE. Don’t try and do anything too complicated and in fact, maybe just have three things on your to do list each day because if we do more than that, it can be overwhelming. Whatever you do, keep it nice and simple.
- Gather INTELLIGENCE. Now, I’m not suggesting here that you sit and listen to the news all day. Maybe just at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day. Gather intelligence. What’s actually going on that’s affecting businesses? What, perhaps, are your customers new needs and how can you help them?
- Be SENSITIVE. You know there are opportunities out there, but also realise that people are hurting at this time. Be generous if you can. Offer some things for free, add extra value. Don’t try and capitalise or profiteer from the pain. You will be found out. Be honest, be open and be sensitive to the fact that a lot of other people are going to be hurting and stressed.
Let’s tackle this C.R.I.S.I.S together.
Be Calm, Respond, show Initiative, keep it Simple, gather Intelligence and above all else, be Sensitive.
Contact me if you need help. No obligation free consultation. You can also join my Facebook page and ask questions there.