Hi! I’m Ailsa. Since starting my strategic marketing business in Melbourne in 1999, I’ve helped hundreds of businesses and organisations achieve their marketing goals. These goals have ranged from increasing sales or memberships to raising the organisation’s profile.
I’m a strategic marketing specialist who partners with other trusted, specialist providers to meet your marketing and business needs. I’m also a highly sought-after marketing speaker and workshop presenter around Australia and a Professional Member of the National Speakers Association of Australia.
As a qualified marketing consultant with over 18 years marketing experience and expertise, I specialise in the small business, services and education sectors. I’m an Associate Fellow and Certified Practising Marketer of the Australian Marketing Institute and a graduate of both the University of Melbourne and the Melbourne Business School with qualifications in psychology, management and training & assessment.
Previously I worked in marketing and senior management positions for organisations such as Bicycle Victoria, the Conservation Council of Victoria (now Environment Victoria) and The CEO Institute. As Director of Marketing for the Wangaratta Festival of Jazz from 2000-2003, I helped make it a multi-award-winning, internationally-recognised festival, achieving the status of a Tourism Victoria Hallmark Event.
A passionate supporter of small business, I’ve been a marketing and business coach in the Women in Business Program, Business Planning Assistance Program, Artists in Business Program and Skilling Small Business for the Future. I’ve also served as a Small Business Mentor and lecturer at Victoria University. Recognised as an expert in my field, I have judged the Telstra Business Awards in 2007-2009, 2011-2013, the Telstra Women’s Business Awards in 2007-2013 and was a panel judge for the awards in 2008 and 2009. Among other publications, I have written the Shoe String Marketing Kit for Small Business.
I maintain a strong network of business contacts to keep my pulse on the business environment, particularly in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne where I am based. I understand the evolving challenges and opportunities of the web and regularly share my marketing expertise via Twitter®, Facebook® and YouTube®. I could go on.
In fact, I will.
More about Ailsa
- I am a marketing specialist and I will personally run your project.
- I only work with other experienced specialists.
- I have experience in marketing strategy as well as implementing marketing plans – I know what can go wrong and how to avoid mistakes.
- I can explain things in clear language so you and your staff get a greater understanding of marketing as I work on helping you find and keep more customers.
- I’m a bit quirky, can get very excited and tend to think outside the square a lot.
- I have run businesses, have good business acumen and am happy to share my experiences with you.
I have a network of associates who work with me. I provide a choice of suppliers who are selected according to the best fit for your needs.
- My way is to always measure marketing to see what works. If you are spending money you need to know what the return on investment is. My motto is “If it can’t be measured don’t do it!”
How I work
- I gather the information needed to develop a successful strategy. This may be in the form of competitor research, customer research, product research or business research.
- I then develop strategies that can be implemented.
- I set up methods to measure your marketing, to ensure you will always improve on your results.
- I work with you to implement your marketing and to help you keep doing things in a smart way.
- I save you time and money and get results.